Emily and Andrew running around with sparklers
This little face is that of a sleepy munchkin, who thought that the fireworks going off in the neighborhood were to loud, and was ready for mommy to take him inside to go to sleep
We had a great 4th of July. During the day Billy and Emily went out on the boat with his cousin and wife who were in town . Andrew went to Tucker Lake with his Aunt Susanne and his cousins Johnathan and Brandon. He had so much fun. He got to swim and go down water slides all day long. Alex and I stayed at home to make a watermelon fruit salad basket for our cookout that we were going to. When Billy and Emily got home from the lake we headed to Durham for a get together with Billy's old boss and some of the other people from Circuit City. It was nice to catch up with some of them. Then we headed over to John and Susanne's house for a cookout and had a wonderful time. We had great food, great drinks, great weather, and great company. We just sat outside on their patio and talked and listened to music while the kids played. It has been so long since Billy or I laughed the way that we did last night. Oh how I needed a laugh like that. I actually feel like a different person today. The past few months have been so stressful for Billy and for all of us, it was nice to relax with friends. We got home later last night than we have in years. Of course when we used to stay out that late we didn't have three sleeping kids to carry in when we got home. They were so sweet in the back seat asleep with their red, white, and blue on- so patriotic, so peaceful. It was a perfect ending to the night.
I wish we could have spent the 4th with you but I do get to have you a lot of the time. I am glad that the kids had fun.
ReplyDeleteMom
You had a busy July 4th. I am glad you guys had such a good time. Thank you for sharing your holiday. Jill
ReplyDelete