

I find it so amusing that my son would miss his sister as much as he does. Emily has been in school for 1 week now and Andrew is extremely depressed over losing his sister once again to school. I find this so funny because they fight like cats and dogs when they are together. Having grown up with only one sister who is 6 years older than me I am shocked by their behavior. Kris and I would fight growing up but it was so different. It wasn't so.... well... physical. As all of you know Drew is so physical and always has been (see scars on Emily's face from scratches ).I don't think that Andrew means to hurt Emily or anybody else, he just gets crazy sometimes. I guess Emily finally became fed up with his craziness and she decided to stand up for herself. She has started to defend herself and fight back. They love each other so much , they just bicker all the time. That is why it is so ironic that Drew misses her so much when she leaves for school. He actually packed himself a snack bag for her first day of school. How cute is that? When we walked her into school he said " OK let me get my snack out, where is my cubby?" He is so cute when he asks (everyday) "Where is Emily going?" I say "Buddy she has school just like yesterday, we will pick her up later today". I am so surprised and absolutely love his genuine concern that she is not going to come home from school, that she won't be there to play with (and to bicker with) at night. I think that he misses her and he is jealous that she gets to go to school and he has to stay at home with mommy. He does not realize that some days it is Emily who is jealous of him, that he gets to stay at home with mommy and she has to go to school.
Your Daddy (Chip) and I use to bicker and fight all the time growing up on the farm. I understand how Emily feels. Aunt Jill
ReplyDelete