Sunday, July 5, 2009

Two Great Women





On July 3rd we went to visit the two greatest women I know, Mom Mom and Aunt Gilly. I am so grateful that I am lucky enough to be able to see them on a regular basis. I guess I feel this way because I grew up so far from them. Living in Ohio I only got to see my family twice a year. We would make the nine hour trip at Christmas and stay for a few days. In the summer we would come back down for a week or two. We would make that trip twice a year so that we could see that woman- my grandmother and my grandfather, and the rest of the Earnhardt clan. She is perhaps the most wonderful woman to ever grace this Earth. I am so blessed to be a member of her family. I LOVE the fact that my kids get so excited when I say that we are going to see her, it's as though we are headed to the candy store.

2 comments:

  1. When people complain about their mother-in-laws I do not understand because I have been blessed to have Kathryn Earnhardt as my mother in law for 39 years. Your grandmother is the most wonderful lady there is.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy - Thank you for sharing your special visits with Mom Mom and Aunt Gilly. There are days I miss the fun times at the old farm house.

    ReplyDelete