Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Replacement

I have had two knee surgeries in my life. I know how much a knee can hurt, how frustrating the daily ache can be, how much it sucks to rehabilitate it and how some days it you wonder if you will ever walk normal again. However nothing that I have experienced can compare to what my dad has endured today and is going to endure in the weeks to come. Mine was a piece of cake compared to his. He had a knee replacement today in Greensboro. When I spoke with him this evening he was in very good spirits considering what he has been through. Of course everyone says men are big babies, there wasn't even a hint of a baby on the other end of the phone. Dad has always been good about not whining when he is hurt, now if he is sick..... This is the first time in my life that I have seen him so affected by an injury. The last year or so he has been unable to walk without being in pain. Today he starts on the road to recovery! Now I am sure that when I spoke with him earlier he was still feeling the effects of the saddle block and was probably enjoying the effects of his "happy" button that gives him pain meds. Unfortunately I have the sinking feeling that tomorrow I may hear a tiny hint of one of those babies on the other end of the phone line. I hope that I am wrong. We can't wait until you are up and running again! We all Love you!
Get Well Soon Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment