




Today was Emily's last day of the third quarter of second grade. It is hard to believe that in less than four months she will be a third grader. How is it that my little munchkin is almost in third grade. She loves school and her teacher Ms. Price. She has been so lucky when it has come to her teachers. Everyday she comes home with wonderful stories of her classmates and their teacher. I am so glad that she has adjusted to and taken such an active interest in school.I hope the boys love school half as much as she does when they start. She got off the bus today and handed me her report card. I was so excited to see that she had done well. Especially in reading and writing. Look out Aunt Kathy- our budding writer may one day challenge you in a poetry or short story write off. I would be so proud of her if she made it as far as my aunt has. A PHD in English, a wonderful collection of poetry, and most importantly someone who has dedicated their life to teaching. Her teacher said that she has become quite the writer due to her increased reading vocabulary and fluency. She is challenging herself with her reading and writing, exploring books of different genres. She said that her latest stories have become very witty. Unfortunately for Emily I think she may take after me in math. She is doing ok in math, having some issues with the basics while doing well with the skills which require more thinking. When I help her with her homework, I also take notice of this. I think that sometimes she just rushes through the stuff that she is familiar with and spends more time reading and thinking through those she is less familiar with. I notice that if I sit down with her and read through these problems out loud, putting emphasis on certain words, she realizes that she has missed part of the problem. I think we need to work more with her on her math and continue to feed her creative writing interest and needs. Regardless of her need for improvement in Math she is performing at grade level in Math. I am so proud of how well she has done this year. I continue to be amazed at how quickly she learns, changing and growing each and every day.
Please tell Emily that her Uncle David and Aunt Jill are very proud of her.
ReplyDeleteWay to go Emily! I, too, am very, very proud of her.
ReplyDelete