They have rewards cards, discount cards, frequent shopper cards for just about everything now in this world. You can get them with airlines, grocery stores, gas stations, pharmacies, auto services, you name it and it is probably available somewhere out there. Lately I wish they had a "frequent visitor " card for the pediatrician's office. Maybe like a sandwich card you get at a sandwich shop. Buy ten sandwiches and you get one free. Between Alex and Emily we have been five times in the past three weeks. I am used to it with the boys , but not Emily.
We were in there two weeks ago with Alex. He was coughing and rattling when he was breathing. I was giving him his nebulizer, but he wasn't responding really well. So I took him in. We had been in there a few weeks before and he had been on an antibiotic for a sinus thing and drops for an ear infection. This time the first words out of the peds mouth were, when do you have to pick your daughter up from school? That good, huh? His oxygen levels were low so they immediately started more breathing treatments. After an hour and a half his levels came up and they sent us home with steroids. Two visits later, the start of a preventative inhaler daily, he was finally doing better. I can't believe how much better his breathing is since starting the Flovent.
On to Emily. Other than her digestive issues Emily really doesn't get sick that often. The boys are always passing some sort of cold/respiratory thing around, but it always skips over her. On the 9th we were at softball practice and I could tell something was up. Emily just seemed out of it. By 10:00 that night she was running a fever, could barely speak and complaining of her throat hurting. Monday we were in the peds office. I took her in first thing on Monday because it was not a good week to get sick. On top of the 3 softball games, 2 practices, and birthday party she would miss, she had EOG testing at school. They have spent all year talking about this testing and preparing for it and this is the week she gets sick. We were told it was viral and sent home. I kept her home on both Monday and Tuesday. I decided to send her on Wednesday which was the first day of testing. An hour in to it I got a call saying they had to pull her out of the room because she was coughing uncontrollably. She did finish the testing but I was advised it might be best to keep her home . Not only did I have to worry about her performance on the test, but how she was disturbing the other kids in the class. I certainly didn't want that to be the case. So I kept her home on Thursday and Friday when she still seemed to be getting worse we went in again. She had a severe respiratory infection and they didn't like the sound of her chest. This time we went home with an inhaler, a steroid, a Z pack, and cough medicine. We spent all weekend vegging on the couch. She went back to school yesterday and last night we went and cheered her softball team on to their second win. I didn't want her to run around and get winded so we watched from the stands. Hopefully she can play on Thursday, we will see. Today and tomorrow she has her make-up testing for her EOG's . I am worried that she may not be completely up to par. I hope that she does well, the teacher says I have nothing to worry about. We have three weeks left of school and I just want to make it through them healthy!
Oh my goodness. So sorry to hear about all the sickness going on with the kids. How heart wrenching to see your child struggling to breath. My thoughts and prayers coming your way for healthy kids and life returning to normal. Love you Kat-Bird!
ReplyDeleteI hope everyone is feeling better. I hate it when kids get sick. Love, Aunt Jill
ReplyDelete