Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Meet the Teachers

Visiting one of the kindergarten rooms.
Emily and Andrew at their first Meet the Teacher night together.
Emily- soon to be a 4th grader

Posing in front of the wall made entirely of artwork that the students did last year. Pretty cool, it is one of my favorite things at the school.


We had Meet the Teacher night last night. It was Andrew's first time in the school for himself so he was extremely excited. We met one of the teachers who may teach him and she seemed really nice. The other track one teacher wasn't in the room when we were there. They do staggered entry here in NC in kindergarten. That means they go one day during the week and the teachers divide the kids up by skills and readiness between the two rooms. Then we find out on Friday who his teacher is and start the following Monday. He is just counting the days until July 11th!

We went and met Emily's new teacher. She seems really sweet. Unfortunately I am not as fond of Reapicheep, the class pet. He is a big nasty hairy rat. Not a hamster, guinea pig, or anything remotely fuzzy and cute, but a gross rat. Maybe Emily will misbehave and we will never be given the option of him coming home to our house. I can just see the boys letting that rat loose in my house. I think with Emily's track record I better start preparing myself for an overnight stay.

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe that Drew is starting kindergarten! Now you have 2 in school...where is the time going? I love how proud Drew looks in these photos and Emily looks just as pretty as ever. Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete