Monday, June 14, 2010

Third Grader

Emily at Meet the Teacher

Emily and Rebecca. Friends since kindergarten.

Emily and Miss Price.

Our Blue Bird for our project.

Emily, Rebecca, and Sydney. An inseperable trio of friends .



I am getting old. I officially have a (gasp) third grader. I can not believe that Emily is now a third grader. She just finished up her second grade year on the 8th. I am very proud of how she has done. She had a wonderful teacher this year by the name of Ms. Price. She is going to miss her so much. It is funny her teacher is getting married over the summer and Emily is so excited about it. Everyday she would come home from school to update me on the wedding plans. We wish her the best of luck and hope to stay in contact wit her once she moves. It is funny when I think back to my elementary years the two teachers that I think had the most impact on me and that I remember the most are my kindergarten and second grade teachers- Mrs. Haywood and Mrs. West. I see the same with Emily. When ever she refers to teachers she always speaks of her kindergarten teacher Ms. Dell and her second grade teacher Ms. Price. Maybe it has something to do with what we are taught during those years or the way in which it is taught. The age of the student or the personality of the teacher. Whatever the cause it is those years that I remember the most. I think Em is going to be the same. She did well again on her report card. It is hard for me to explain grades to anyone that does not live in Wake county as we have our own grading scale, especially since I am still not sure that I entirely understand it. Here goes... Emily got all 3's , a three star in Science, Reading, and Writing, and she got a four in Music. Hope that makes sense. She is doing much better in Math, but is having issues with the easy problems, while doing great on the harder problems. It is like she tries to make the easy problems harder on herself than they actually are. Overall she had a great year. We have met her new teacher who seems really nice. She is also getting married this summer, on the same day as Ms. Price. Crazy huh? Unless we sell our ouse before then Emily will start school there on July 9th. For now we are going to try to enjoy ourselves in the pool and with the family!


No comments:

Post a Comment