Sunday, August 8, 2010

Run Down

Lately I have been feeling a little run down and out of sorts. Something has been I guess for a lack of a better word -off. It really started a week ago when I was at Mom and Dad's house and has just continued. I woke up with a headache and felt lightheaded, dizzy, shaky- I honestly felt like I was on some weird medicine. It went on all day and when Mom and I were out running errands she convinced me to take my blood pressure in one of those machines at the pharmacy. Those of you who know me know that I have always had low blood pressure. Normally like 110/70. It has never really been high- not during pregnancy, birth, surgeries- never..until this past weekend. It was high- really high. On Sunday when I was still not feeling right Mom took me to the Urgent Care. When I got there it was down from the day before, but it was still high 148/110. Nice huh. They really didn't find anything wrong and thought that maybe the dizziness and headache was from an inner ear issue. Put me on Anti-vert checked my blood pressure again- 138/91 and- sent me home. Needless to say I was a little freaked out. Those of you who really know me are aware that I tend to stress- A LOT. I stress about anything, everything and all that is in between. With all that has been going on lately I think that the stress has just finally gotten to me. I try to calm down, Billy is always yelling at me to breath deep and stop worrying about things that I can't control. I just have trouble doing that sometimes. Well I went to my family doctor this week and my BP was down to 130/91. They decided to do some blood work, check my thyroid levels, blood sugar levels (80) and try a low dose BP medicine. They said Don't stress, take it easy, calm down- all things that I know I need to do already. they also said to go to the machines in the drugstores whenever I am there and keep a record of my BP. For the record- last time 121/85. I guess it is a little better. My headaches have not completely gone away, the fuzziness that my head was swimming in has gotten better, and I don't feel quite so off. I just kind of feel blah. But I think that we all feel that way sometimes don't we? It is two weeks before I turn 33 and I think I just need a break to reboot and recharge myself. Isn't it normal to go through cycles like this where we just need to recharge?

2 comments:

  1. It is normal to go through cycles like this. All mothers go through this at one time or another. I hope you feel better soon. Love, Aunt Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katbird - I hope you are feeling better. I'm worried about you know. Please keep me updated on how you are doing and please take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete