
Emily has just finished her first quarter of third grade, kind of scary, huh? We had a wonderful celebration of writing in her classroom the last day of school . The kids and their teacher were wonderful hosts and hostesses. They had snacks and juices and the best part-entertainment. The kids each stood up and read a poem that they had picked out of their collections. I loved every moment of it. The students stood up with a look mixed of fear and excitement. Some read on with no hesitation, while others paused and cleared their voices, a quiver in their voice. They all did so wonderful. It was a wonderful performance on all their parts. Emily did well, saying every word clearly , despite having lost two teeth in the past twenty four hours. I am so proud of my little girl, now well on her way to being a fourth grader.





Way to go Emily!! Kathy - I am glad to see you back on the blog. Aunt Jill
ReplyDelete