Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Our week of firsts

This week was full of firsts. It was our first week spent at home since Thanksgiving. Billy slept at our house for the first time in almost 7 weeks. It was great to be at Mom and Dad's house, but it is nice to be home. I feel a little more at ease at home. If the kids mess something up, it is mine and not someone elses. I have been a little calmer since returning home.
Emily rode the bus for the first time. After almost three years she has worn me down and convinced me to let her ride the bus each day. I am proud of myself, I did not even cry. I actually feel kind of useless now. For the past two and a half years it has been my job to take her and pick her up every day. I kind of feel like I have been demoted- a stinky bus chosen over Mommy. Hmmm...... Where is the loyalty?
Andrew has just finished his first lengthy spell of dry nights. He has gone 11 -that is right eleven- nights without an accident. I probably shouldn't blog about it as I will probably jinx myself. I am so unbelievably proud of him. His next step is sleeping each night all night in his own bed. I have always been bad about letting the kids sleep with us, but I am worse with Billy not here. I have promised him that if he can be a big boy and sleep in his on room all night long he will become the proud owner of a fish tank. He is dying to get a fish tank and I have promised that as a big boy present.
As for me I enjoyed my first wonderful cup of coffee from my new Bosch Tassimo coffee maker. As we always spend our Birthday/Christmas money on diapers, groceries, etc... Billy and I decided to splurge this year and buy ourselves something with our gift cards. Is it really splurging if you are spending gift cards and not actual money? Anyways, I am in love with this machine. It makes every drink you could want in under 2 minutes. Teas, Cappuccinos, Lattes, Mochas, Hot Chocolates, whatever your heart desires. It is truly a thing of beauty. Who knew an appliance could make me so happy.
Was your week filled with any firsts? Good ones, bad ones?

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you finally decided to splurge. You deserve it. I believe 2010 is going to bring great things your way. Aunt Jill

    ReplyDelete