Friday, January 1, 2010

The Nutcracker Ballet

Emily and IEmily and Flat Stanley. I think that Stanley enjoyed the ballet. His smile was never ending.Where we enjoyed the ballet

Mom and I took Emily(and Flat Stanley) to see the Greensboro Ballet perform the Nutcracker. It was Emily's first trip to the ballet, and also mine. My mother having lived outside D.C. for so many years would go to see the National Ballet perform the Nutcracker every year. To have been able to experience that as a young girl must have been amazing. I am quite envious of my mother and her sister having been exposed to such wonderful cultural events. I imagine that it was a tradition that they looked forward to each year with their parents.
I felt like a child myself as I sat there in the auditorium watching the dancers twirling across the stage. They were beautiful and magical as they floated and flew through the air during the dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies. I teared up as I watched the look of awe washing across my daughter's face. Her beautiful face lit only by the stage lights, watching every movement, not wanting to miss a moment. It had been so long since I had been able to enjoy something like this with my little girl. The three of us had such a wonderful time. I hope to be able to do it again sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment