Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow, Snow, Snow



















This transplanted Ohio girl felt like a kid again this past weekend! We were treated to six whole inches of snow. We came to Mom and Dad's since they have such a great landscape to view the beautiful white stuff. It was a breathtaking winter wonderland. The snow covered the hills so perfectly. A rolling blanket, smooth and crystal like. It had a thin and crusty layer on top that caused it to sparkle in the sunlight. It was a beautiful sight that we as North Carolinians are only rarely able to experience. I was reminded of the many mornings that I would wake to the heavenly blanketing outside our windows. The look on my three children's faces was that of awe. We ventured out into the very cold 20 degrees and left our mark on that beautiful landscape. Leaving our footprints next to those of the birds who were also excited to play in the winter fields. The kids had fun as they sledded down the hill. A wake board serving well as a sled. Emily had a blast. Drew was a little weary and was not willing to tackle the big hill. The baby sat there in not sure of what to do, taking handfuls of snow and looking at them in wonderment.




1 comment:

  1. I am glad to see Emily, Andrew and Alex had a great time playing in the snow. I agree you had a winter wonderland. Aunt Jill

    ReplyDelete