Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sick Snow days

As you all know we had some snow down our way. As this state is not equipped for the snow we had three snow days. Yep that is right three snow days, all over 4-6 inches of snow. It was a disaster . It was Wednesday before the plows got into the neighborhoods. It snowed Friday night/ Saturday morning and it wasn't until Wednesday that they began to clear the neighborhoods in either the Asheboro/ Greensboro area (where we were) or the Raleigh area . I personally find that crazy! Anyways... due to missing three days of school my daughter now has to give up three Saturdays to school. This week two Saturdays in May. How crummy is that. It kind of takes the fun out of snow days doesn't it? I am sorry to say that we didn't get to enjoy her snow days too much as both of the boys and I have had a stomach bug (Thanks Billy). Thankfully I haven't been as bad off as the boys, and hopefully Emily will continue to remain healthy. She did return to school this morning- on a one hour delay. Of course on her way into the car she fell on the ice and came down really hard on her chin. So after quite a few tears were shed and some ibuprofen taken I dropped her at school. She was already complaining of it hurting to open her jaw. I think she was probably so excited to see her teacher and friends that she probably forgot all about it. I got to go home and clean up the baby his seat,and my car which for the second day were all covered in vomit- all while feeling the need to do it myself. Gotta love it!!

2 comments:

  1. Your household sounds like it's been rather pitiful. Hope you are all feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all of you get to feeling better real soon. Aunt Jill

    ReplyDelete