Sunday, February 14, 2010

Quickly melting

My handsome middle man, he was the only one who wanted to play in the every quickly melting snow. He had fun anyways.

A tree off the deck with snow on it.

This along with the picture of Drew are my favorites of the day

We had yet another snow this past weekend. It was a beautiful wet snow and would have been so much fun to play in had it not melted so quickly. Unlike the last snow which hung around for a few days, this snow left as quickly as it came. This snow hugged every tree branch in the yard. reminded me of the snows I had in Ohio growing up. It was such a shame to see it melt so quickly. My favorite pictures of the day are the one of my Drew bear and the one of my Earnhardt mailbox. That mailbox holds such a special place in my heart. I know I am not the only one that feels that way. Is it silly that an old and desperately in need of a paint job mailbox could evoke such a feeling of warmth and family to sweep over me? Maybe it is.





2 comments:

  1. Oh how I love that mailbox. Such a cherished memento from our childhood time at the farm. Love that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss that mailbox, too. There are so many stories we could all tell about the Earnhardt mailbox. Aunt Jill

    ReplyDelete