Last week we decided to spend a night out at the ballpark. We went to see the Carolina Mudcats game in Zebulon. It is a nice little park, very family friendly. It made me miss going to see the Indians at Jacobs Field. Five Counties stadium was a nice stadium however it was not quite as nice as the Jake! Go Tribe!! It was a perfect night for a game. The weather great , it was in the 70's and not a cloud in the sky. It was a perfect night to sit outside and watch baseball while enjoying a hot dog and a beer( $1.00 draft night). Well at least we got the hot dog part out of the way!! Alex was surprisingly well behaved, he was happy just standing in front of us watching the game. Emily was really into the game - watching every swing, throw, pitch, slide- constantly asking questions about the rules....Billy and I loved that! Andrew . Well he was Andrew. He was so excited and then we get there and he has complete ants in his pants. I think the only time he sat still was to scarf down his hotdog. At least he has mastered that part of going to a ballgame! I think there were too many people to watch, he forgot he was supposed to watch the game!! Unfortunately we didn't stay for the whole game. We decided that the boys had probably had enough fun for the night plus it was a school night. I think we left in the 7th inning. I can't wait to go back. I miss going to baseball games. It was such a huge part of my childhood. I feel like I spent more time at the baseball field in the summers than I did my own house. I pray that all my kids will learn to love the game like I did.
Emily wearing Drew's hat.
Look at this cheesy little smile! Priceless!
Look at this strong girl picking up her little brother. They actually look like they love each other here.... no yelling or fighting!
The scoreboard during the game
Emily wearing Drew's hat.
Look at this cheesy little smile! Priceless!
Look at this strong girl picking up her little brother. They actually look like they love each other here.... no yelling or fighting!
The scoreboard during the game



Looks like a fun night at the ball park. I love the shot of Emily with the hat on. Too cute!
ReplyDeleteI miss going to ball games whether it is football, basketball or baseball. It looks like everyone had a great time. Aunt Jill
ReplyDelete