Lately I feel as if I am stuck in a rut. Things have been just blah. It has been a crazy and crummy past few months. Now I am stuck at the bottom of the slide unsure of how to get back to the top. It has been a crazy slippery ride down. I haven't been sleeping well. I have been stressing about countless things, changes with Billy's work, his mother's stay in the hospital, health insurance, the kids staying healthy until our new insurance kicks in, why our roof that is only 8 years old decided to leak, how much that is going to cost to fix....I guess the point is it has all been on my mind lately. I don't know why I stress about things that I have no control over. I can't change them yet I continue to do it. I suppose it is the type of person that I am. I know that things are going to get better. I know some of the worrying will cease when we once again have health insurance at the end of the week. When Billy finally transfers to Greensboro and we know what his schedule will be like will bring a sense of relief. He was hired for nights, but is rumored to be going to the day shift. Will I put our kids to bed 4 nights a week by myself and get them up by myself? I would just like to know what our life is going to be like, so that we may return to some sort of normalcy. Billy's mom is doing better. She is still in the hospital. They are giving her lots of meds for her pneumonia and her congestive heart failure. I am glad that she is doing better but wish that she would be a little more willing to listen to the doctor's advice and help herself out. It is just frustrating. Billy's long days at work have been followed by visits to the hospital. We spent 2 1/2 hours there the other day with all three of the kids. That really helped our stress levels. The boys were miserable the whole time we were there. While trying to keep them quiet, I was going over all the illnesses they had probably contracted while we were there. Thinking " Please God don't let them get sick at all and if they do wait until after Thursday." Mom and dad came up to visit yesterday and that really made me feel better. It is amazing what seeing loved ones (even those we get to see often) can do for ones emotional state. We did nothing at all really. Mom and I ran to the grocrey store and cooked a big pot of chilli and Dad nad Billy fixed the leaky roof and mowed the grass. Then they settled in for an afternoon of NFL. Normally a whole evening of Nascar and NFL would annoy me but yesterday it helped me feel a little more like our normal life was returning. I really felt better after their visit. I think I may feel even better after getting all this out .
Our Little Monkeys
What a sweet smile
What a sweet smile




I have been down the same slide in life many times myself. Thank goodness you Mom and Dad are near by. Aunt Jill
ReplyDeleteYou have every reason in the world to feel stressed out. You have way too much going on. Give yourself a break. Take time to enjoy the happy parts of your day, remember to take 15 minutes (at least) for yourself to read or take a bath. Get help from your family when you can. And remember that I'm only a phone call away if you need to vent. Love you, Katbird. Hang in there.
ReplyDelete