Saturday night we were once again treated with a mini Johnson reunion. This time with some attending from out of state and even out of the country. We missed those absent from the last (Kathy, Bob and Fred), but loved that others were able to be here. We enjoyed a trip to the America's Roadhouse for dinner. We were lucky to be able to visit again with Susan and Jodi , and were blessed to have Aunt Dianne in from Georgia and Laura and Latham in from New Zealand. What a nice time. We met for dinner and got to visit with everyone for an hour or so. We even had a little birthday celebration for Laura's birthday on the 13th. The food was great, but the company was even better! It was so great to visit with everyone. I wish that we had all been able to sit at the same table . It was the first time we met Laura's husband Latham. I must say that he has three little fan's in Jodi, Emily,and Andrew. He was so nice and was absolutely wonderful playing with the kids outside. My son is still talking about him. It was great to see them and wonderful seeing Laura look so happy. Aunt Dianne was as sweet as ever. I understand why she was always mom's favorite Aunt. We have enjoyed all her recent visits to Central North Carolina and look forward to seeing her here again soon. Unfortunately for us and everyone else in the restaurant, my littlest man was not in a restaurant mood. After 20 minutes of screaming and fighting with us, my poor husband and Alex left the restaurant and headed home. We hope to see everyone again soon and wish you all a safe trip home.
Kat, Emily, Dianne, Susan, Jodi, Latham, Laura, Ann, Andrew, and Chip
Emily and Jodi
Latham and Laura
An update for you all- I have not said anything about Dad and his surgery lately. I feel that Dad is doing great. He has been released from in home therapy and started out patient today. He is walking well with his cane. Has gotten to use the pool and walk in there ( great for his rehab ). He even went out and changed the air filter in his truck yesterday. His knee has been a little stiffer since he graduated from his CPM machine, but that just means that we need to make him start working more around the house !! He is going nuts and can not wait to be released to drive. We have let him drive to get the paper, but he is supposed to do no more. The therapist says he is doing great for 3 weeks out and that they will talk more in 2 weeks about driving. He will have to be a big boy and wait until then!!
Kat, Emily, Dianne, Susan, Jodi, Latham, Laura, Ann, Andrew, and Chip
Emily and Jodi
Latham and LauraAn update for you all- I have not said anything about Dad and his surgery lately. I feel that Dad is doing great. He has been released from in home therapy and started out patient today. He is walking well with his cane. Has gotten to use the pool and walk in there ( great for his rehab ). He even went out and changed the air filter in his truck yesterday. His knee has been a little stiffer since he graduated from his CPM machine, but that just means that we need to make him start working more around the house !! He is going nuts and can not wait to be released to drive. We have let him drive to get the paper, but he is supposed to do no more. The therapist says he is doing great for 3 weeks out and that they will talk more in 2 weeks about driving. He will have to be a big boy and wait until then!!
So glad to hear your dad is doing so well. I'm sure it's killing him not to be outdoors working on things.
ReplyDeleteKathy - I am glad you were able to enjoy some more Johnson family time. By the way, I love your new banner on your blog. Where did you take this picture? Aunt Jill
ReplyDeleteAunt Jill- There is a community here that is called Sunset Lake. I have driven by this lake and dam for eight years and said "What a beautiful place". I was driving by last fall when I decided to stop there for the first time. It is right off the road. I don't know if you are supposed to stop, but I couldn't resist. I think that Sunset Lake is the perfect name for it! Kat
ReplyDelete